Whether making small moves or giant leaps, the kangaroo uses its strong tail to provide balance and support. Loyal and nurturing, a kangaroo only ever moves forward, never backward. In the 18th and 19th centuries, young ladies attending dances employed porcelain, marble, and glass eggs as hand coolers to cool hands which were heated by the excitement of the evening. Steuben's line of crystal hand coolers modernized the design into exquisitely intricate works of art that nestle refreshingly in your palm.
Design by Taf Lebel Schaefer 2017
Dimensions (in inches): H 3
Recommendation: 3.5" Round Black Granite Base
USE AND CARE
• To keep your Steuben brilliant and clear we recommend the following care:
• Do not expose to rapid temperature changes or extremes of temperature.
• Do not place in the microwave, oven, dishwasher or freezer.
• Avoid placing in direct sunlight.
• For best results, avoid contact with metal utensils when stirring or serving.
• For candlesticks, do not secure candles with molten wax or allow candles to burn within three inches of the candle cup. If wax does adhere to the candlestick, clean gently with denatured alcohol.
• Avoid contact with hard or abrasive materials.
• Avoid packing Steuben in newspaper or other moisture-absorbing materials for long periods of time; soft cloth or bubble wrap is preferable.
• Hand wash Steuben using a non-abrasive cleaner in warm water. You may wish to cushion sink with a towel or rubber mat.
• If stains appear on the vessel, gently rub with a half a lemon, wash with vinegar, or soak the interior with powdered dentifrice dissolved in lukewarm water.
• In areas with very hard water and high mineral content, distilled water will help prevent staining.
• To dry, use a soft, lint-free cloth or air dry.
• To avoid scratching, dust Steuben with a soft, lint-free cloth dampened in a mild ammonia solution.
About Hand Coolers: In the 18th and 19th centuries, young ladies attending dances employed porcelain, marble, and glass eggs to cool hands, heated by the excitement of the evening. These crystal hand coolers modernized the design into exquisitely intricate works of art that nestle refreshingly in your palm and are great decoration item.
Shipping options are available at checkout. Please read our Shipping
and Return policy
for complete details. Note that 15% restocking fees apply to this product.
Please notify us within 24 hours if the item you received is damaged and/or need to be returned by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Artisan
Steuben was founded in 1903 by renowned English glass master Frederick Carder in New York. In 1918, Steuben became part of Corning Glass Works, now Corning Incorporated. In 1933, Steuben created a prismatic crystal formula that could capture, reflect and refract light unlike anything else in the world. Since that moment, Steuben crystal has illuminated everything it touches, casting light on the joys of everyday life. At Steuben, luxury is in the details. Flawless by design, Steuben is the epitome of the expression “crystal clear”. Exquisitely sculpted, delicately balanced; even the ping of Steuben stemware meeting for a toast is like no other. Refinements such as these, both great and small, bring a level of personal pleasure to life that can only be met when you are surrounded by the best. An American classic, Steuben is the perfect accompaniment to a meaningful gathering and equally suited to an impromptu dinner party at home. With Steuben crystal, everyday moments – sharing a meal, lighting a candle, placing flowers – become occasions.